Wednesday, 2018-12-19, 5:20 AM  
Welcome, Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
VirtaCoin Discussion Forum » VirtaCoin » VirtaCoin Discussion » About VirtaCoin (About VirtaCoin & Technical Specifications)
About VirtaCoin
LionKingDate: Thursday, 2014-07-03, 9:37 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
morder
Group: Moderators
What is VirtaCoin?

VirtaCoin (VTA) is an experimental new digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. VirtaCoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority: managing transactions and issuing money are carried out collectively by the network. VirtaCoin Core is the name of open source software which enables the use of this currency.

Technical Specifications

Scrypt proof-of-work algorithm
60 second block time target
~21 billion total coins
8000 coins per block, reduces by 0.5% each week starting 2/28/14
Difficulty retarget every 1 block

For those new to cryptocoins/altcoins...

Cryptocurrencies are currencies that are digital. The differ from fiat currencies (such as the US Dollar) Because instead of being backed by a promise, Cryptocurrencies are backed by mathematics, since they are created by running a computer program that solve mathematical equations. This is called "mining". Any computer can participate, but the more power it has, the faster it will go (and the more coins you will get as a reward!). Mining also strengthens the blockchain. The coins you have are held in a digital wallet, which can be stored on computers, smartphones, and cold storage wallets (In VirtaCoin's case, on computers). You can use these currencies like you use digital money, basically just to transfer them to other people, not very different than using VirtaPay. As you can imagine, the adoption of any currency depends on what you can buy with it and how much people accept it!

How do I get VirtaCoins?

If you are a former VirtaPay member, and you have not yet gotten your VirtaCoins, you must go to the VirtaCoin official site, download the VirtaCoin QT Wallet, login to your VirtaPay account and you will see your balance, and your private key. For further instructions, click here.

Now, after that normally you either mine VirtaCoins, by following the directions here, or go to an exchange. See "Exchanges Below"

VirtaCoin Community

IntelligentSmartGuy2014Date: Wednesday, 2014-07-16, 7:52 AM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Hello I followed the directions on the VirtaCoin official website to mine VirtaCoins, and so then I click on the revised and edited shortcut to open my VirtaCoin wallet , it would sit there for many hours running, but no coins are generated, and so why is it so slow to generate additional coins?

nendencantik001Date: Wednesday, 2014-08-20, 9:49 PM | Message # 3
Private
how to make a wallet?
I have not had PrivateKeyFromVirtaPay
My problem is this new running look virtacoin
please virtacoin team to give me a little penjelasana why can not I register,
and I've downloaded the appropriate rules in virtacoin
please explain in
sorry if I disturb you apologize
I just learned virtacoin
threed please do not let it rot in

aeonpiDate: Sunday, 2014-08-31, 2:52 PM | Message # 4
Private
Quote LionKing ()
login to your VirtaPay account

Virtapay now Redirects to Virtacoin.  To prevent confusion from those who are still trying to recover their private keys and or do not know Virtapay is shut down... You may want to reword this.

VirtaCoin Discussion Forum » VirtaCoin » VirtaCoin Discussion » About VirtaCoin (About VirtaCoin & Technical Specifications)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: